KAHALA COUNSELORS / ASSOCIATES FOR CHRISTIAN COUNSELING HAWAII
-Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I get started and make an appointment?
- How long does it take to get a first time appointment?
- How long are psychotherapy sessions?
- What are your hours?
- Do you treat children, and if so, will I be able to see the therapist with my child at the first session?
- Do you offer testing services?
- How do you deal with a client’s religious beliefs?
- Do you accept credit cards?
- Will my insurance pay for my treatment?
- Will you bill my insurance company for services that I receive?
- Are you on my insurance company panel?
- Do you have a reduced or sliding scale fee for clients?
- Is there an out of pocket expense?
- Does your office accept walk in appointments?
1. How do I get started and make an appointment?
Simply fill out the contact form and state that you would like to schedule a first time appointment or leave a voice mail message via our answering service. You will be contacted often times within 2 business days. Insurance information will be discussed as well as how to most effectively meet your needs.
2. How long does it take to get a first time appointment?
Our goal is to schedule an appointment with you within a week of your first contact.
3. How long are psychotherapy sessions?
Psychotherapy sessions are generally 45-50 minutes in length.
4. What are your hours?
The office is open Monday through Saturday, Closed on Sundays and Most Holidays. M-F 7AM-7PM and Sat. 8AM-4PM. By appointment only.
5. Do you treat children, and if so, will I be able to see the therapist with my child at the first session?
Yes, Mr. Ginoza does work with children and encourages the parents/caregivers to participate to help develop strategies that can work outside of the counseling sessions.
6. Do you offer testing services?
We do not offer psychological testing. We do offer career testing and exploration services.
7. How do you deal with a client’s religious beliefs?
We realize how deeply personal and often relevant one’s faith are to the therapeutic work. While we may inquire about this aspect of a client’s life, it would be a focus of the therapy if the client so desired. As Christians we do incorporate Biblical values following the client's lead. As Christians we also believe in being non-judgemental and desire to assist clients regardless of their faith/religous beliefs.
8. Do you accept credit cards?
Mr. Scott Ginoza and Dr. Malia Thompson have the capability to accept credit cards as payment through the square application. There will be an addiitonal 2.75% credit card processing charge plus General Excise Tax unless otherwise agreed upon.
9. Will my insurance pay for my treatment?
Coverage for services depends on your insurance plan. We will assist you where we can in determining your benefits. Many plans provide some coverage for psychological services, but there is a great variety in terms of deductibles, co-pays, and number of sessions allowed per year.
10. Will you bill my insurance company for services that I receive?
We will file claims with insurance companies with whom we are network provider. If we are not contracted with your insurance company, you are responsible to file your claims and receive reimbursement directly from your insurance company..
11. Are you on my insurance company panel?
We currently are on most major insurance panels (HMSA, HMAA, UHA, United Behavioral Health and are in the process of adding more. Please check with your insurance company’s website or by calling the phone number on your insurance card for assistance prior to first appointment to determine coverage eligibility.
12. Do you have a reduced or sliding scale fee for clients?
Please fill out the contact form to discuss payment options , we do accept insured as well as non insured individuals.
13. Is there an out of pocket cost?
Yes and no. Most insurance companies cover a percentage of your visit sometimes after a deductible. The deductible, co payment, co-insurance, and any taxes are the responsibilty of the patient. Co-payments can range from 70% to 100%. Most insurance companies do not pay for the general excise tax. Payment for services is accepted at time of service.
14. Does your office accept walk in appointments?
No. Clients are seen by appointment only.
Back to top.